HIL offers home-based, family activities!
Did you know that daily life in the home is full of opportunities to engage children in what we call The Four Pillars of Home-based Literacy—Talking, Reading, Thinking, and Writing? Get started today with our large menu of fun family activities that promote HIL Project's Four Pillars of Home-based Literacy!
Changing the way school leaders and teachers think, talk, and act to ensure all students learn.
“HIL has become the umbrella of our school improvement efforts, with every component fitting into strengthening literacy and instruction in general.”
–HIL Project school leader
About the HIL Project
- every child deserves the best possible start in literacy and learning.
- to ensure all children are confident readers by the end of elementary school
- to support all elementary schools in consistent use of high-impact strategies and practices
- the GELN Literacy Essentials with
- research-based high impact leadership principles and practices for school renewal
"Our mission is to tackle the objective of literacy success.…It's a celebration to help build professionals."
"'We’re in this together.’
There’s nothing more inspiriting than hearing that kind of energy coming from a classroom teacher. We know that’s where the difference is made. What we really think is happening? [The HIL Project] is restoring hope."
Partnership is the key to our success!
Teaching children to
read is no easy task
A two-part primer shows why:
Follow us on Social Media!